Saturday, January 28, 2012

Why IS The C-Section Rate So High?

“Those are not small lawsuits,” he said. “I personally have not been sued, but if I get sued for $10 million, I know I’m out of business, because my insurance willl be so high that I won’t be able to continue practicing.” -Obstetrician/gynocologyst Dr. John Neeld of the Willamette Valley Medical Center, "the combination of a doctor worried about possible lawsuits if his interpretation turns out wrong, and a patient afraid for her baby, and determined to take any action necessary to ensure its safety, often leads to a C-section that, in hindsight, was probably not necessary," he said.

Dear Mommas: This is why you and your partners must advocate for yourselves. Please understand that many of the decisions that your OBs are telling you you must have are stemming from this very place.

To read more of the article that Dr. John Neeld is quoted in please visit here.

If you are pregnant and planning to birth in NYC or Long Island our educated and experienced Doulas can guide you through the experience and help you bring your child into the world peacefully. Visit us at http://www.nycdoulaservice.com